Saturday, October 25th 2014, 1:09pm UTC+2

You are not logged in.

• Login
  • Register

Dear visitor, welcome to Monitoring-Portal.
Although this is a german monitoring forum, please don't hesitate to post in English. Nearly everybody here understands you and will answer in English as well.
If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains how this page works. You must be registered before you can use all the page's features. Please use the registration form to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

thygizmo

Beginner

Number of monitoring servers: 3

Nagios Version: V3.4.1

Distributed monitoring: Nein

Redundant monitoring: Nein

Number of hosts: 20

Number of services: +400

Plugin Version: 1.4.16

NagVis Version: 1.7b3

Other Addons: MK Livestatus, Nagvis

Friday, August 10th 2012, 1:34pm

NagVis WeatherLines Show Empty Icon

Hi everyone!

I am currently developing a Monitoring and Controlling (with regard to starting and stopping processes) solutions based on Nagios and NagVis. As such, I have created my own plugins for Nagios and have modeled the processes that I want to monitor as Weather Lines, as can be seen in the picture below:

Everything works fine and as expected (if the process stops, the arrows turn to RED to indicate a problem. When GREEN, everything's nominal). There is however one anoying issue, in the middle of the arrows, there seems to be an empty box...

When I hoover the mouse, I get as pop-up the summary of the service (which is fine), but wouldn't it be possible to replace the box for a custom image/icon, which would remain clickable (e.g.: left-click for following an URL and righ-click for calling the context-menu options)?

Thanks in advance,
Gizmo

thygizmo

Beginner

Number of monitoring servers: 3

Nagios Version: V3.4.1

Distributed monitoring: Nein

Redundant monitoring: Nein

Number of hosts: 20

Number of services: +400

Plugin Version: 1.4.16

NagVis Version: 1.7b3

Other Addons: MK Livestatus, Nagvis

Monday, August 13th 2012, 1:56pm

Ah, found the issue. Weather lines seem to use the default "20x20.gif" icon, which is simply a tranaparent white square with a blcok border around...:)

Need to update it into something else.

:)